WHO WE ARE
Now celebrating its 26th year, It’s Spooky To Be Hungry® collects food and funds for the hungry during the month of October in neighborhoods and organizations across the CSRA. Golden Harvest Food Bank’s largest annual food drive, It’s Spooky To Be Hungry® relies on thousands of volunteers to get the word out, collect food and funds, and serve those who are struggling to get enough to eat.
How To Donate
There are so many ways to contribute to feeding local families through It’s Spooky To Be Hungry®. We aim to make it fun and easy to participate. You can:
- Donate food and funds during your neighborhood’s collection. Click here for a full list of participating neighborhoods to find out if your neighborhood is collecting.
Aiken County – October 20, 2018
Columbia County – October 27, 2018
Richmond County – October 20, 2018
- Donate online. Every dollar donated provides more than $9 worth of food to the hungry in the CSRA, enough for 3 meals.
- Donate food at Goodwill. Simply bring your non-perishable food items to any CSRA Goodwill Store and drop them in the designated Spooky bins. Food only, please- no funds.
- Participating Locations
- Donate at a Community Drop Off site. We partner with over 50 local businesses and organizations to collect food & funds during Spooky, and you can bring your donation in to any one of these locations. Click here for a full list of 2017 Community Drop Off Sites.
- Drop off your donation at our Golden Harvest Food Bank locations in Augusta, Aiken or Anderson.
Augusta Distribution Center
3310 Commerce Dr.
Augusta, GA 30909
Aiken Distribution Center
81 Capital Dr.
Aiken, SC 29803
Anderson Distribution Center
311 Alliance Pkwy.
Williamston, SC 29697
Become A Community Partner
If your business, organization, or school wants to get involved, you can host your own Spooky Food Drive during the month of October! We’ll provide you with fliers, bins, and everything else you need to collect food and funds for the hungry. Check out our Community Partnership Flyer for more info, or contact Melissa Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calling All Volunteers!
Want to make a difference? We need volunteers during the month of October to distribute bags and collect food in neighborhoods across the CSRA. E-mail us today with your contact information and address at email@example.com to get started
Want to know what it’s like? Click here for our Frequently Asked Questions page, and check out the video below for photos of past Spooky Volunteer awesomeness.
Spooky Captain Resources
For all you amazing people who volunteer your time as Spooky Neighborhood Captains each year- thank you so much! This much-needed food drive could never happen without you. Here are a few time-saving resources for you to use: