WHO WE ARE
Now celebrating its 25th year, It’s Spooky To Be Hungry® collects food and funds for the hungry during the month of October in neighborhoods and organizations across the CSRA. Golden Harvest Food Bank’s largest annual food drive, It’s Spooky To Be Hungry® relies on thousands of volunteers to get the word out, collect food and funds, and serve those who are struggling to get enough to eat.
Without this food drive, Golden Harvest could not do the work of feeding the hungry in our area. Last year, Spooky raised enough food and funds to provide 244,000 meals to families in need. Help us meet our goal of 250,000 meals to celebrate 25 years of scaring off hunger this year!
Calling All Volunteers!
Want to make a difference? We need volunteers during the month of October to distribute bags and collect food in neighborhoods across the CSRA. Our greatest need is for Spooky Neighborhood Captains to take charge of collecting food in a specific neighborhood (you’ll get a free t-shirt!). E-mail us today with your contact information and address at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started, or sign up for our Spooky Updates Email List if you’re not ready to register but want to stay in the loop:
Want to know what it’s like? Click here for our Frequently Asked Questions page, and check out the video below for photos of past Spooky Volunteer awesomeness.
Become A Community Partner
If your business, organization, or school wants to get involved, you can host your own Spooky Food Drive during the month of October! We’ll provide you with fliers, bins, and everything else you need to collect food and funds for the hungry. Check out our Community Partnership Flyer for more info, or contact Melissa Brown at email@example.com.
How To Donate
There are so many ways to contribute to feeding local families through It’s Spooky To Be Hungry®. We aim to make it fun and easy to participate. You can:
- Donate food and funds during your neighborhood’s collection. Check back in September for a full list of participating neighborhoods to find out if your neighborhood is collecting!
Aiken County – October 21, 2017
Columbia County – October 28, 2017
Richmond County – October 21, 2017
- Donate online. Every dollar donated provides more than $9 worth of food to the hungry in the CSRA.
- Donate food at Goodwill. Simply bring your non-perishable food items to any CSRA Goodwill Store and drop them in the designated Spooky bins. Food only, please- no funds.
- Donate at a Community Drop Off site. We partner with over 50 local businesses and organizations to collect food & funds during Spooky, and you can bring your donation in to any one of these locations. Check back in September for a full list of 2017 Community Drop Off Sites.
- Drop off your donation at our Golden Harvest Food Bank locations in Augusta or Aiken.
Augusta Distribution Center
3310 Commerce Dr.
Augusta, GA 30909
Aiken Distribution Center
81 Capital Dr.
Aiken, SC 29803
Spooky Captain Resources
For all you amazing people who volunteer your time as Spooky Neighborhood Captains each year- thank you so much! This much-needed food drive could never happen without you. Here are a few time-saving resources for you to use: