We are happy to accept your non-perishable food donations at any of the Food Collection Points or Participating Neighborhoods listed below on Saturday, October 24th between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. See a list of most wanted food items here.
Non-perishable food includes: Canned goods, dry goods, dehydrated foods and items that do not require refrigeration.
Food Collection Logistics
- Orange bags will not be provided or used for food donations this year.
- Food donations will not be left on front porches by residents like previous years.
- Neighborhood residents (and anyone in the community) can drive their food donations to ANY food collection point listed here.
- We plan to have at least 10 food collection points listed before Oct 24.
- If you choose to create a designated food collection point in your neighborhood, these will need to be delivered (by you or your neighbors) to a pre-designated food collection point.
- GHFB trucks will not be picking up food donations from any neighborhoods like previous years
- GHFB trucks will only be picking up food donations from these designated food collection points.
The reasoning for all of the above is:
- COVID precautions
- Our trucks are already working overtime for mobile market (public food distributions). We are doing these 2-3 times weekly between now through December.
Thank you so much for your understanding, flexibility and your coordination efforts!
Augusta Food Collection Points
Golden Harvest Faith Food Factory warehouse
Address: 3301 Commerce Drive, Augusta, GA 30909
This is located near the intersection of Gordon Highway and North Leg
3300 Washington Rd, Martinez, GA 30907
Abilene Baptist Church
3917 Washington Road, Martinez, GA 30907
Parking lot on the side of the church adjacent to Gary’s Hamburgers
Evans Food Collection Points
Riverwood Plantation- Barn Pavilion
5115 Riverwood Parkway, Evans, Georgia 30809
This is located directly across from Greenbrier Middle School
First Baptist Church of Evans
515 N Belair Road, Evans, Georgia 30809
Grovetown Food Collection Points
St. Teresa of Avila Catholic Church
4921 Columbia Rd, Grovetown, GA 30813
North Augusta Food Collection Points
Hammond Hill Pool
145 Cypress Drive, North Augusta, GA 29841
Aiken Food Collection Points
Golden Harvest Aiken Warehouse
Address: 81 Capital Drive, Aiken SC 29803
This is located near the intersection of East Pine Log and Banks Mill Road
2700 Whiskey Road, Aiken, South Carolina 29803
Beech Island Food Collection Points
Bob Richards Nissan
5590 Jefferson Davis Highway, Beech Island SC 29842
Bob Richards Toyota
5512 Jefferson Davis Highway, Beech Island SC 29842
Graniteville Food Collection Points
Bob Richards Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
1666 Jefferson Davis Highway, Graniteville SC 29829
|Good Hope Farms Rd||Aiken|
|Aiken Estates (Conger Woods)||Aiken|
|Gregg’s Mill @ Horse Creek||Aiken|
|Trolly Run Station||Aiken|
|Cedar Creek Community||Aiken|
|Palm Drive South||Aiken|
|Bergen Place||North Augusta|
|The Colony||North Augusta|
|Andrews Branch||North Augusta|
|Foxchase Cir||North Augusta|
|Hammond Hills||North Augusta|
|Eagle Landing /Eagle Ridge||Columbia|
|Lake Cumberland – West||Columbia|
|National Heritage Area||Columbia|
|One Marshal Place||Columbia|
|Aumond Place/Murray Hills||Richmond|
More It’s Spooky To Be Hungry® food collection locations coming in mid-September – stay tuned!
Virtual Food Drive
This year for It’s Spooky to be Hungry® , neighborhoods have the option to go virtual using an exciting new online fundraising platform. Setting up your team fundraising page is a breeze, and only takes a few minutes. Here’s how:
- CLICK HERE to get to the It’s Spooky to Be Hungry® Virtual Drive page.
- Next, you’ll click on “Create or Join a Team” and follow the prompts to create an account and then a team page. Here are step-by-step instructions: How to Create or Join a Team. Once you’ve created your Team Page, here is a resource that helps you learn how to manage it: How to Manage Your Team as a Team Captain.
- Join your own Team and invite your coworkers to do the same.
For more information, read up on these 6 tips to have a more successful food drive: 6 Steps to Being a Successful Fundraiser
Neighborhood Spooky Volunteers
For Neighborhood Spooky 2020, volunteers are needed on Saturday, October 17th. 50-75 total volunteers needed from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. This is “door hanger distribution day” for over 60 participating neighborhoods, in all counties (Aiken, Richmond & Columbia). Volunteers will walk door-to-door and distribute “It’s Spooky To Be Hungry” door hangers.
- Volunteers should be comfortable walking door-to-door for 3-4 hours.
- Recommended age is at least 8 years old.
- Volunteers are welcome to bring their own wagons, bikes and golf carts, which have worked very well for this project in the past.
- Several neighborhoods will have steep, long driveways and might require volunteers walking 2-5 miles.
- Neighborhood size will also vary. Some neighborhoods might have 100 houses while others have 800.
Some participating neighborhoods will not know their specific volunteer need until the last minute. After we assess the volunteer need for each neighborhood, volunteers will receive their neighborhood assignments A FEW DAYS PRIOR to Saturday, October 17th. Each neighborhood will have a designated captain/coordinator, who will greet volunteers and give detailed instructions or a map of the neighborhood streets. We appreciate volunteers being flexible with their neighborhood assignments.
To sign up, registered GHFB volunteers can self-schedule online and select their preferred county (Richmond, Columbia or Aiken). Volunteers who do not have a login to access the GHFB volunteer calendar can register for one here.
Businesses, Churches & Civic Organizations
Julie Ferguson, Corporate Development Officer | firstname.lastname@example.org | 706-736-1199 ext. 214
Melissa Brown, Major Gifts Officer | email@example.com | 706-736-1199 ext. 217
Neighborhoods & Volunteering
Ann Malay, Volunteer and Events Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org | 706-736-1199 ext. 236
Sara Carson-Mitchell, Project Support | email@example.com | 706-736-1199 ext. 233
Christina Alexander, Communications Coordinator | firstname.lastname@example.org | 706-736-1199 ext. 230