If your business wants to help scare away hunger, you can create your own It’s Spooky To Be Hungry® Drive during the month of October. Each year, we award special prizes to the organizations, neighborhoods and schools who raise the most meals through our It’s Spooky To Be Hungry Competition. Signing up is as easy as 1-2-3!
- Click here and click the “Create or Join A Team” button to register your business
- Create your Team Profile
- Share the link on social media to receive donations
If you’re not afraid of a little friendly competition, here are some tips that can help your group win:
- Set a Goal: Let your friends and family know you are counting on them to scare away hunger.
- Every $1 you raise is worth 1 point to your team, and provides 3 meals to our neighbors in need.
- Take advantage of bonus points opportunities! They’re great ways to gather extra points and take home the winners’ trophy.
Bonus Points Opportunities
- Register your team by September 20th for 150 Bonus Points.
- Challenge your best friend or fiercest competitor to start a team. If they do, you’ll get 100 bonus points.
- Tag Golden Harvest Food Bank and use #ItsSpookyToBeHungry. The team with the most tags will be awarded 300 bonus points.
- Host a special event-a garage sale, a jeans day, a bake sale, a scary movie night, or a sports tournament. Put the proceeds toward your goal, and earn another 250 points.
- Corporate Teams with 100% participation receive an additional 500 points
Help us reach our goal: $200,000 to provide 600,000 meals!$196,930 / 125,000
Virtual Drive Help Resources
Businesses, Churches & Civic Organizations
Georgia: Ann Malay, Community Engagement Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org | 706-736-1199 ext. 236
South Carolina: Susan Seldon, Community Engagement Manager | email@example.com
Melissa Brown, Major Gifts Officer | firstname.lastname@example.org | 706-736-1199 ext. 217
Neighborhoods, Schools & Volunteering
Sara Carson-Mitchell, Development Coordinator | email@example.com | 706-736-1199 ext. 233
Abby Muehlfeld, Director of Marketing | firstname.lastname@example.org | 706-736-1199 ext. 230